1/1 Photo of Egg-Free Oatmeal Whole Wheat Quick Bread
This recipe fits the bill in my search for egg-free quick breads. It tastes great fresh from the oven. You can make this vegan by using maple syrup instead of honey, and soy milk. It is not a "sweet" bread, so if you want to make it sweeter, increase the amount of honey.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 450°F (230°C).
- 2Lightly grease and dust a 9x5x3-inch loaf tin.
- 3Grind oats in a food processor or blender to form a meal/flour.
- 4In a large bowl, combine oatmeal, whole-wheat flour, baking powder and salt.
- 5In a separate bowl, vigorously whisk together honey and vegetable oil to form an emulsion; then stir in the milk and mix well until dissolved.
- 6Add wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix well to form a moist, viscous batter.
- 7Pour/spoon batter into prepared loaf tin and bake in preheated oven for 30-40 minutes or until the top starts to brown slightly.
- 8Remove from loaf tin, cool completely on a wire rack and cut into slices (20 slices is the original yield).
- 9Serve with honey, butter, syrup, or applesauce; or use in sandwiches.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Egg-Free Oatmeal Whole Wheat Quick Bread
Serving Size: 1 (37 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 77.7
- Calories from Fat 15
- Total Fat 1.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.3 mg
- Sodium 153.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 2.7 g