Recipe by Dorel
I was looking for healthy low fat egg free recipes for cookies and found these on a Fitness web site.They don't taste like your usual cookie but there pretty good for something that has no fat and no cholesterol. I used Spenda instead of white sugar as the reviewer sungested.
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup white sugar
- 3⁄4 cup applesauce
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350*F.
- Grease a cookie sheet or use parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl stir together the brown sugar, white sugar or Splenda and applesauce.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
- Stir into the applesauce mixture.
- Add the rolled oats, raisins, and chopped nuts (if desired).
- stir until combined.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto the prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Allow cookies to cool slightly before removing from baking sheet.