Recipe by Oolala
Although this is made with egg noodles, there are no added eggs to the recipe and it binds together well. This dairy kugel can also be prepared using low-fat sour cream and lowfat ricotta cheese. Even though this is a sweet side dish, I will confess to having it (cold) for beakfast on occasion!
- 1 (16 ounce) package egg noodles
- 1 (1 lb) container sour cream
- 1 (1 lb) container ricotta cheese
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup golden raisin (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cook noodles according to package and drain.
- Put noodles in a 3 quart baking dish and add the butter while the noodles are warm so it can melt.
- Mix until evenly coated.
- In a bowl, combine all other ingredients and mix.
- Add this to the buttered noodles and mix until evenly blended.
- Bake for about 45 minutes to an hour, until top browns.