Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Everyone has those nights where they just want to curl up with a movie and a bowl of ice cream or cookie dough. This cookie dough is perfect for doing so- it is low in salt, quick to whip up, and tastes absolutely delicious frozen. Homemade cookie dough is wonderful on top of all kinds of desserts, too. (When making cookie dough that is not being baked, leave out the eggs and substitute them with a little water if needed to avoid the chance of getting Salmonella.)
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (can be left out or reduced to just a pinch)
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 6 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 6 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- water (add small amounts until the dough is proper consistency( about 1/8 cup at a time to avoid making it )
- Combine all ingredients except for the water in a bowl. It helps if you cream the margarine separately and then add it to the bowl to avoid spending a long time trying to smooth out pieces of margarine. The mixture will be very crumbly and dry because the eggs were left out (to avoid salmonella issues when eating raw). Gradually begin adding small amounts of water until dough reaches desired consistency.
- Store in the fridge or freezer (not at room temperature or it will quickly spoil because it contains uncooked margarine). Eat with a spoon or place on top of pies, ice cream cakes, cheesecake, homemade icecream, or frozen yogurt!
Totally delicious! I used butter because we don't do margarine, and added small amounts of milk till it became the right consistency. The kids decided they would rather just have dough from now on ;) It was their first time trying dough because I've always been scared of the egg.
I am a cookie dough connoisseur and this is a fantastic recipe. Follow the recipe exactly, and you will have a very good cookie dough to eat. I was craving it so badly that I couldn't wait for it to get cold, so I ate some right after I mixed it up. I put the rest in the freezer and can't wait to try it frozen. Thank you for sharing, I love it!
I used butter instead of margarine and made it without chocolate chips. It turned out okay. The dough tastes like oatmeal cookies would. Deffinately not making it again but it was interesting.