Recipe by subaruthie
This recipe is egg-, dairy-, and soy-free but tastes similar to meatloaf recipes that use onion soup mix. Chili powder and mustard add the tiniest bit of pep, without losing that classic meatloaf flavor. I use Better Than Bouillon Organic Beef Base as my beef bouillon paste and make my own bread crumbs from homemade bread to keep this recipe safe for my husband's allergies.
Top Review by auntsissy9500_1840107
This is a great, allergy-friendly meatloaf for the family! I couldn't locate bouillon paste, so I used two bouillon cubes instead and mixed it in with the ketchup mixture. The whole family loved it and the flavor was amazing!!
- 2 cups breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons onion flakes
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery salt
- 2 teaspoons beef bouillon paste
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 teaspoon spicy brown mustard
- 2 lbs ground beef
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine the bread crumbs, onion flakes, onion powder, garlic powder, chili powder, and celery salt in a large mixing bowl.
- Add beef base, ketchup, and mustard. Mix well.
- Add ground beef and mix well.
- Pat mixture into a glass loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 for 90 minutes.
- Allow to sit for 10 minutes before slicing and serving.