Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
From a recipe I found on the Go Dairy Free website: www.godairyfree.org. Makes about 2-1/2 cups frosting, enough to frost a 9-inch double-layer cake.
- 1⁄2 cup dairy-free margarine, room temperature
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup vegan cocoa powder
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons water
- 2 1⁄2 cups powdered sugar
- Place margarine, honey, and vanilla in mixing bowl. Sift cocoa into this bowl. Using electric beaters at low speed, cream these ingredients together. Add water and sift powdered sugar into mixture. Beat with electric beaters on medium speed until well mixed. Use frosting to frost cake.
- To assemble a layer cake: place one layer of cake in center of serving platter, upside down (so that the flat side of the cake, which was on the bottom of the cake pan, is facing you). Using a frosting spatula, spread top of this layer with frosting. Place remaining layer on top of this, right-side up. Spread frosting over top and sides of entire cake. Serve.