Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a modified Toll House recipe to accommodate my allergic child. I use Ener-G Egg Replacer (NOT the Egg Substitute, which contains egg whites) or Orgran No Egg. You really can't tell the difference in flavor. The cooking time listed is per batch - you'll have about 6 - 8 batches with this recipe, which is easily halved.
- 4 1⁄2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 cups butter, softened
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown sugar, packed
- 6 teaspoons Orgran No Egg or 6 teaspoons Ener-G Egg Substitute
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt in a bowl and set aside.
- Beat softened butter with the sugar and brown sugar until well combined.
- Whisk the No Egg and water in a small bowl until frothy. Add No Egg mixture and vanilla to the sugar mixture and mix well.
- Add the flour mixture gradually, beating after each addition.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Drop by rounded teaspoon onto ungreased cookie sheets and bake at 375 for about 8 - 10 minutes.
- Let cool for 3 minutes on cookie sheet, then remove from cookie sheet and let cool completely on wire racks.
- This makes a ton of cookies, so freeze some in ziplock bags for later!
Have to agree with other reviewers that it tastes just like a tollhouse cookie--you can't even tell the eggs are in there. I halved the recipe and used white whole wheat flour instead of all-purpose. These came out perfectly chewy with crisp edges.
My son is allergic to eggs and tree nuts. This recipe is fantastic! It has just the right combination of egg replacer and water creating a perfect cookie texture! I even found letting the dough rest a few minutes gave the cookies a better rise. Thanks for sharing this recipe. This was my son's first chocolate chip cookie!
WOW WOW WOW!!!! My daughter is allergic to dairy, egg, tree nut and peanut so we do a lot of cooking and baking in my house. I LOVED these cookies and cannot get over how fabulous they taste. THANK YOU!!!!!!! You would never know there is no egg. ( I substituted sugar for vanilla sugar, put vanilla beans into a container w/ sugar and let it sit for a week, vanilla sugar)