- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 3⁄4 cup banana (mashed)
- 1⁄3 cup canola oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Coat 9x5 inch loaf pan (or 12-cup muffin tin) with cooking spray.
- Whisk together flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda, and salt in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together buttermilk, mashed banana, oil and vanilla.
- Fold buttermilk mixture into flour mixture.
- Scoop batter into prepared pan(s). Bake loaf 50-60 minutes (or muffins 18-22 mins).
- Cool 5 minutes in pan, before serving.