Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
An easy to make egg-free frosting that works great for decorating cookies for holidays, birthdays and parties. You can make half the recipe if you like. When you need to add coloring to icing, use color paste. If you use liquid coloring, you may need to add more icing sugar. Add a little cocoa for chocolate cookie icing. Posted in response to a request.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups icing sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter, shortening, and vanilla.
- Blend in the icing sugar, one cup at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Beat in the milk and continue mixing until light and fluffy.
- Keep icing covered until you are ready to decorate the cookies.
This is exactly what I was looking for to frost our cutout cookies. Thanks for posting it, it worked great!
WOW!!! i really LOVE this icing recipe!!! it came out sooo good!! i luved the texture of it, and it had a yummy taste!! i used it to top off, and decorate some haloween cut out cookies! they came out soooooo GOOD!!! thank you sooo much for this recipe and i recommend for people to try it!! =) you will luv it! =)