Prep 1 hr 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
I have a severe egg allergy, this is a recipe I can eat. It makes lots! Don't forget to store these cookies in extra icing sugar (they look like they are covered in snow). The dough can be kept in the fridge for up to 3 days, just roll and use as directed. Thank you to those who noticed that I left out the flour in the recipe (a rather important element!)
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup flour
- 1 1⁄3 cups finely chopped walnuts or 1 1⁄3 cups pecans
- 1 cup icing sugar (powdered sugar)
- 2 cups icing sugar (extra)
- Cream the butter and honey until soft and fluffy. Add the flour and vanilla.
- Stir in the nuts. Roll in a ball, cover and refrigerate for atleast an hour.
- Roll into a small cherry size (too big and they won't bake properly), place into a prepared cookie sheet with baking paper (allow some spreading room, about and inch).
- Bake in a 300oF oven for 40 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let sit for 5 minutes. Roll in icing sugar while still warm. Let cool and store in an airtight container with extra icing sugar.