Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
Primarily a vegetarian, I like to bake cakes and breads without using eggs and am always on the look out for good eggless recipes. During one of my Googling sessions, I stumbled upon an egg-free banana bread/cake recipe. However, when I tried it out the bread came out hard and sank badly. So I improvised and here's my banana bread recipe for those of you who can't eat or don't like to eat eggs. I hope you enjoy it!
- 2 ripe medium sized bananas
- 4 tablespoons oil (I use vegetable oil)
- 1⁄3 cup granulated sugar (if you prefer sweet bread, use 1/2 cup sugar)
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup cold milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt (or iodized salt)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1⁄2 cup nuts, of your choice chopped mixed (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
- Peel and mash bananas well. Set aside.
- Sift all the dry ingredients together at least 2 times.
- Add oil, vanilla, sugar to the mashed bananas and mix well.
- Add the banana mixture to the flour mix.
- Slowly add milk to make a batter of thick consistency.
- Add nuts at this point. Mix together gently.
- Pour banana bread batter in a greased loaf pan and bake in a preheated oven at 150 deg.C for 35-40 mins or until toothpick comes out clean from the center.
- Cool for 5-10 minutes in the loaf pan, remove to a cooling rack to cool properly and serve slices.
Had good flavor, but the temp and length of cook time were way off. its says 150C which converts to 302F. I cooked the bread for almost 1 hr and 15 mins. The bread didn't raise at all, and inside of bread was a gooy pudding type feeling. Will never make this bread again.