This recipe comes from 'The Thousand Recipe Chinese Cookbook' by Gloria Bley Miller at the request of a Zaar member.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Soak dried mushrooms.
- 2Shell and parboil peas.
- 3Shred bamboo shoots, leak, and soaked mushrooms.
- 4Heat oil.
- 5Add shredded vegetables and stir fry about 2 minutes.
- 6Add Stock, soy sauce, and peas; heat quickly.
- 7Meanwhile, blend cornstarch and cold water to a paste; then stir in to thicken.
- 8Pour sauce over omelets and serve.
- 9NOTE: This sauce is best served with simple Egg Foo Yung, not the complex subgum variety.
Browse Our Top Savory Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Egg Foo Yung Sauce 2
Serving Size: 1 (23 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 31.9
- Calories from Fat 15
- Total Fat 1.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 253.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 1.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: