Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
This recipe comes from 'The Thousand Recipe Chinese Cookbook' by Gloria Bley Miller at the request of a Zaar member.
- Soak dried mushrooms.
- Shell and parboil peas.
- Shred bamboo shoots, leak, and soaked mushrooms.
- Heat oil.
- Add shredded vegetables and stir fry about 2 minutes.
- Add Stock, soy sauce, and peas; heat quickly.
- Meanwhile, blend cornstarch and cold water to a paste; then stir in to thicken.
- Pour sauce over omelets and serve.
- NOTE: This sauce is best served with simple Egg Foo Yung, not the complex subgum variety.