Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A great way of turning a bowl of leftover cooked rice into a healthy meal for four.
Make and share this Egg Foo Yung (Fried Rice With Eggs and Bean Sprouts) recipe from Food.com.
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 pinch five-spice powder (optional)
- 3 tablespoons peanut oil
- 4 spring onions, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 small green pepper, seeded and chopped
- 115 g fresh bean sprouts
- 3 cups cooked long-grain rice
- 3 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- salt & fresh ground pepper
- Season the eggs and beat in the five-spice powder, if using. In a wok or large frying pan, heat one tablespoon of the oil and when quite hot, pour in the egg.
- Cook the egg, lifting the mixture away from the sides and allowing the liquid to slip underneath, until the omelette is firm. Then tip out and slice into small strips.
- Heat the remaining oil and stir-fry the onion, garlic, pepper and bean sprouts for about 2 minutes, stirring and tossing continuously.
- Mix in the cooked rice and heat throughly, stirring well. Add the soy sauce and sesame oil and adjust the seasoning if necessary. Add the omelette strips and mix in well. Serve hot.