This is how Mom likes her egg foo yung. For the zaar world tour.
Make and share this Egg Foo Yung recipe from Food.com.
- Beat eggs.
- Heat skillet with 2 tablespoons oil.
- Add green onions, water chestnuts, bean sprouts, soy sauce, oyster sauce, salt and pepper to the eggs.
- Pour 1 ladle of egg mixture into pan, pushing eggs back into center of egg mixture.
- Flip over and brown other side.
- EGG FOO YUNG SAUCE:.
- Meanwhile, make sauce. In another saucepan, cook beef broth, oyster sauce, soy sauce and corn starch together until thickened, stirring occasionally.
Yum! I sprouted my own mung bean sprouts and used fish sauce instead of oyster and veggie broth instead of beef. Delicious! Thanks! Made by a Looney Spoon Phoodie for ZWT#6.
Better than take out. A good basic recipe. I added leftover beef and some mushrooms. Made for ZWT 6.
For a meatless egg foo yung, this was outstanding. The sauce was super and the whole thing was easy to do and looked great on my table. I"ll make this one again! Thanks, Dienia for sharing. Made for ZWT 6.