Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 mins
quick, easy, affordable. We're on a no wheat diet and I came up with this recipe which is similar to egg foo young without the sauce and cornstarch.
- 6 fresh eggs
- 2 celery ribs
- 1⁄2 onion
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh bean sprouts
- 2 dried shiitake mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- Turn oven to 325 degrees.
- Dice 1/2 onion,.
- Slice 2 ribs celery.
- Place 2 shiitake mushrooms in water, microwave for 2 minutes.
- Let mushrooms cool and slice or chop.
- 1-1 1/2C bean sprouts.
- Beat 6 fresh eggs.
- Add 1-2T water to eggs.
- Put about 2T sesame oil in skillet, fry onions and celery just until heated thru.
- Pam a skillet or pie pan for the oven.
- Mix veggies, mushrooms and bean sprouts into beaten eggs and pour in pan/skillet, place in oven for about 8-10 min or until pretty firm.
- Remove slice and serve.