Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
this is like an omelet or frittata - and the sauce makes it special - good for a dinner as well as brunch or lunch -
- 2 tablespoons safflower oil, to fry egg mixture in
- 6 eggs, well beaten
- 1 cup shredded cooked chicken (or shrimp)
- 2⁄3 cup finely chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped celery
- 1 cup canned bean sprouts, drained
- 5 teaspoons tamari or 5 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons sugar or 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 teaspoons vinegar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cold water
- Combine soy sauce and all sauce ingredients. Simmer for 10 minutes, stirring often.
- Keep warm.
- Meanwhile, combine eggs, meat, onion and veggies.
- Heat oil in large skillet.
- Dip out 1/4 cup egg mixture into skillet set on low - medium heat.
- Fry on one side until very lightly browned. Flip and brown the other side.
- I double the sauce because we like the eggs to be swimming in it.
Made this for my lunch today. I did add some garlic, ginger, and sliced green peppers to the mixture. I ended up added a few more tablespoons of honey to the sauce. I'm sure that's not how it's done, but I admit I like sweet sauces! I did double the sauce ingredients, too. This was very good and filling. Roxygirl