Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
I use this recipe sometimes when I am feeling guilty about using too much oil in my diet. This is a good recipe, and easy to make.
- 8 eggs, beaten
- 1 1⁄2 cups thinly sliced celery
- 1 (16 ounce) can bean sprouts, drained
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 2 tablespoons chopped onions
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground pepper
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken broth, divided
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 (4 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onions
- Stir together all casserole ingredients and pour into greased 12 x 8 x 2 inch baking dish.
- Bake at 350ºF for 30 to 35 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- Sauce: Combine cornstarch with 1/4 cup broth and set aside.
- Heat remaining broth to boiling in a saucepan; gradually whisk in cornstarch broth mixture and soy sauce.
- Cook, stirring until thickened and smooth, add mushrooms and green onions.
- To serve, cut casserole into squares and top with mushroom sauce.
My wife and I really enjoyed this dish. Although, this is not an authentic egg foo yung, it is really easy to put together and very healthy! Your cooking time was perfect. I am especially glad the recipe called for non-fat dry milk powder; I had purchased a box for another recipe and was beginning to think I would never use it up. I will be making this again! Thanks, Miss Annie!