Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
This original recipe did not call for meat, but I suggest you add about a cup of diced cooked chicken or pork, and a tablespoon of sesame oil to the mixture before you bake it. I have also used fresh, sauteed mushrooms instead of canned and they taste great.
- 8 eggs, beaten
- 354.88 ml thinly sliced celery
- 453.59 g can bean sprouts, drained
- 236.59 ml cooked chicken, diced
- 118.29 ml nonfat dry milk powder
- 29.58 ml onions, chopped
- 14.79 ml parsley, chopped
- 2.46 ml salt
- 0.59 ml pepper
- 14.79 ml sesame oil
- 36.97 ml cornstarch
- 354.88 ml chicken broth, divided
- 14.79 ml soy sauce
- 113.39 g can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 29.58 ml sliced green onions
- Stir together all casserole ingredients, pour into greased 12x8x2-inch baking dish. Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- To make the sauce, combine cornstarch with 1/4 cup broth.
- Heat remaining broth to boiling in a saucepan; gradually whisk in cornstarch, mushrooms and green onions.
- To serve cut casserole into squares and top with mushroom sauce.
I made this for my husband and I last night since we both love Egg Foo Young and we were very happy with it. I added some tiny shrimp and substituted skim milk and water for the dry milk. Also used fresh bean sprouts. My only complaint is that I'm still working on my casserole dish - the eggs REALLY stuck to it. So my advice would be to grease the dish VERY liberally! Thanks! I'm sure I'll make this again.
Yum! I made this is a 9x9 pan with a 1/2-lb fresh bean sprouts and sauteed fresh mushrooms. I halfed the casserole ingredients, besides the chicken, but left the sauce ingredients the same,