Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Tastes like take out!
- 6 eggs, beaten until very thick
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped water chestnut
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 cup meat, if desired
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup cold water
- 2 cups beef broth
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- Beat eggs until very thick and then blend in green onions, water chestnuts, bean sprouts, 1 teaspoon soy sauce, salt and pepper, and meat of choice if desired.
- Pour 1 soup ladle full onto an oiled skillet.
- Brown on both sides.
- Serve with sauce on top.
- For sauce, make a paste of the cornstarch and water.
- Then stir in beef stock and 2 tablespoons soy sauce.
- Cool until clear and thick.
We loved it!!! I fried mine in about 1 1/2 inches of oil and they were great!!! I just used a can of Chinese veggies drained. No salt because the sauce was salty. As each patty was done I put they in the sauce to keep them warm. Thank you so much for the recipe egg foo yong is my favorite can't wait to make it again!!!!
I am a huge fan of egg foo young! I made shrimp egg foo young and it turned out great. The only thing I would change is the sauce, I just didn't care for the flavor.
Wow this was just want my taste buds wanted. I had to sub other veggies (celery, cabbage, broccoli) but it was GREAT. Very easy. I added a little flour to the batter for more puffiness.