Prep 3 mins
Cook 5 mins
Very simple, very quick - good comfort soup when it's cold out. Try this with stock instead of broth - it makes a noticable difference. I can find premade stock pretty easily now, and like it much better. The recipe (originally from chopstix.net) suggested 2 eggs - I though it was too much egg and not enough soup.
- 1 pint chicken stock
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- Bring the stock to a boil.
- Beat the egg with salt and sesame oil.
- Pour the egg into the stock very slowly while stirring.
- Add the soy sauce and garnish with onion.