Prep 20 mins
Cook 7 mins
Another recipe from Diana Liu's cookbook I've used for 42 years. The chicken broth used here is 1 can ( 14 oz.) chicken broth, 28 oz. water, 1/2" piece of fresh ginger and 1 green onion. Remove ginger and green onion before pouring over eggs.
- 6 cups chicken broth (about)
- 3 eggs (slightly beaten in a large serving bowl)
- 4 large dried Chinese mushrooms, diced (soaked in boiling water for 20 minutes, squeeze dry and cut off stems)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon msg
- 6 ounces frozen peas (1/2 12 oz. pkg.)
- Boil chicken broth, ginger and green onion 2 minutes.
- Add salt, msg, mushrooms and frozen peas. Cook 5 minutes.
- Pour soup slowly into serving bowl containing eggs. Stir gently.
- Serve hot.
How much ginger? You don't add the egg to the pot? The direction aren't very good
Just what I needed on a cold day. Love the way I can use shitake mushrooms! I didn't add msg since it doesn't agree with me, but did add a couple of dashes of hot sauce to my soup bowl. Delish! Made for football pool week 17, 2010.
Loved this soup, it went together so easy and fast, perfect for those days when you need to get something on the table fast. The only thing I did differant was make my own broth as no cans here and then added cut up pieces of breast of chicken, think it would be good with added tofu also. I was surprised at the method for adding the egg but it worked perfect. A real winning recipe. Made for ZWT #6