Recipe by Darlene Summers
This puts a little ZING in your egg drop soup. My husband doesn't like egg drop soup (he likes Hot & Sour), but he likes it this way.
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 (10 -14 1/2 ounce) canchopped tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sesame oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 green onion, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring broth and tomatoes to boil in a large saucepan.
- Reduce heat to VERY low.
- Add Soy Sauce.
- Mix egg and sesame oil well.
- Using a wire whip, stir egg mixture gradually into hot mixture.
- Remove from heat and serve.
- Season to your taste.
- Top with chopped green onions after putting in soup bowl.