Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
This puts a little ZING in your egg drop soup. My husband doesn't like egg drop soup (he likes Hot & Sour), but he likes it this way.
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 (10 -14 1/2 ounce) canchopped tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sesame oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 green onion, chopped
- Bring broth and tomatoes to boil in a large saucepan.
- Reduce heat to VERY low.
- Add Soy Sauce.
- Mix egg and sesame oil well.
- Using a wire whip, stir egg mixture gradually into hot mixture.
- Remove from heat and serve.
- Season to your taste.
- Top with chopped green onions after putting in soup bowl.
This was good but a bit on the spicy side. I followed the instructions exactly and it was very easy to put together. Thanks so much for posting!
This is nummy soup! I made mine as posted except I added chopped chicken breast and didn't have canned tomatoes n peppers, but deseeded n chopped three tomatoes and threw in one frozen chopped deseeded jalapeno. (my grandma has diverticulitis so I just deseed everything as it comes out of force of habit.) DEE-Lish!!! There is a restaurant by us that has this soup and it is an easy recreation of it!! Thank you so much for posting!