Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
From Family Circle magazine, April 2009.
- 4 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 4 ounces wide rice noodles, broken into 3 inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked shredded chicken
- 3 scallions, thiny sliced
- Bring the broth, 1-1/2 cups water, soy sauce, garlic and ginger to a boil over medium-high heat in a medium-size saucepan. Reduce heat to medium and cook broth mixture for 10 minutes.
- Remove the garlic cloves with a slotted spoon and add noodles to pot; cook for 4 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, stir together the cornstarch and 2 tablespoons water in a small bowl; whisk into broth and cook for 1 minute or until thickened.
- Stir the soup so it is moving in a circular direction. Pour in the beaten eggs in a slow, steady stream. Stir in chicken and garnish with scallions, if desired. Serve immediately.