1/4 Photos of Egg Drop Soup (Restaurant Style)
I came up with this recipe while searching for the perfect "Egg Drop Soup". My picky 9 year old likes it, so I feel it is kid friendly.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Reserve 3/4 cup of chicken broth, and pour the rest into a large saucepan.
- 2Stir the salt, ginger and chives into the saucepan, and bring to a rolling boil.
- 3In a cup or small bowl, stir together the remaining broth and cornstarch until smooth.
- 4Set aside.
- 5In a small bowl, whisk the eggs and egg yolk together using a fork.
- 6Drizzle egg a little at a time from the fork into the boiling broth mixture.
- 7Egg should cook immediately.
- 8Once the eggs have been dropped, stir in the cornstarch mixture gradually until the soup is the desired consistency.
Browse Our Top Clear Soup Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Clear Soup Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Egg Drop Soup (Restaurant Style)
Serving Size: 1 (302 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 134.9
- Calories from Fat 64
- Total Fat 7.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 227.5 mg
- Sodium 965.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 11.8 g