I came up with this recipe while searching for the perfect "Egg Drop Soup". My picky 9 year old likes it, so I feel it is kid friendly.
- Reserve 3/4 cup of chicken broth, and pour the rest into a large saucepan.
- Stir the salt, ginger and chives into the saucepan, and bring to a rolling boil.
- In a cup or small bowl, stir together the remaining broth and cornstarch until smooth.
- Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk the eggs and egg yolk together using a fork.
- Drizzle egg a little at a time from the fork into the boiling broth mixture.
- Egg should cook immediately.
- Once the eggs have been dropped, stir in the cornstarch mixture gradually until the soup is the desired consistency.