Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is one of the most popular Chinese Soups and it's EXTREMELY EASY to make.
Make and share this Egg Drop Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 946.36 ml chicken stock or 946.36 ml chicken broth, plus
- 29.58 ml chicken stock or 29.58 ml chicken broth
- 2.46 ml grated fresh ginger
- 14.79 ml light soy sauce
- 14.79 ml sesame oil
- 14.79 ml cornstarch
- 3 eggs (lightly beaten)
- 2 scallions (chopped, including ends)
- white pepper
- wide and crisp chinese noodles (optional)
- Bring the 4 cups of chicken stock, grated ginger, sesame oil& soy sauce to a boil.
- In a small cup, make a slurry by combining the cornstarch& 2 tablespoons of chicken stock.
- Stir until dissolved.
- Slowly pour the cornstarch slurry into the stock& stir until thickened.
- Reduce heat to a simmer.
- Pour in the eggs slowly while continuously stirring the soup in the same direction with either a fork or a single chopstick.
- The egg will spread& feather.
- Turn off the heat& add the scallions.
- Lightly season to taste with salt& white pepper& serve immediately.
- I like to garnish the soup with wide, crisp Chinese noodles.
Very good variation of this recipe. Easy to make and delicious!
This recipe was really easy and delicious. The only change I made was by adding one chicken cube, mostly just for my personal flavor preference. Very filling for one, might I add! :]