1/2 Photos of Egg Drop Soup
Alan Leonetti's Note:
This is one of the most popular Chinese Soups and it's EXTREMELY EASY to make.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 946.36 ml chicken stock or 946.36 ml chicken broth, plus
- 29.58 ml chicken stock or 29.58 ml chicken broth
- 2.46 ml grated fresh ginger
- 14.79 ml light soy sauce
- 14.79 ml sesame oil
- 14.79 ml cornstarch
- 3 eggs (lightly beaten)
- 2 scallions (chopped, including ends)
- white pepper
- wide and crisp chinese noodles (optional)
- 1Bring the 4 cups of chicken stock, grated ginger, sesame oil& soy sauce to a boil.
- 2In a small cup, make a slurry by combining the cornstarch& 2 tablespoons of chicken stock.
- 3Stir until dissolved.
- 4Slowly pour the cornstarch slurry into the stock& stir until thickened.
- 5Reduce heat to a simmer.
- 6Pour in the eggs slowly while continuously stirring the soup in the same direction with either a fork or a single chopstick.
- 7The egg will spread& feather.
- 8Turn off the heat& add the scallions.
- 9Lightly season to taste with salt& white pepper& serve immediately.
- 10I like to garnish the soup with wide, crisp Chinese noodles.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Egg Drop Soup
Serving Size: 1 (302 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 371.4
- Calories from Fat 179
- Total Fat 19.9 g
- Saturated Fat 4.9 g
- Cholesterol 293.8 mg
- Sodium 1319.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 8.6 g
- Protein 23.1 g