This is one of the most popular Chinese Soups and it's EXTREMELY EASY to make.
Make and share this Egg Drop Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 4 cups chicken stock or 4 cups chicken broth, plus
- 2 tablespoons chicken stock or 2 tablespoons chicken broth
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3 eggs (lightly beaten)
- 2 scallions (chopped, including ends)
- white pepper
- wide and crisp chinese noodles (optional)
- Bring the 4 cups of chicken stock, grated ginger, sesame oil& soy sauce to a boil.
- In a small cup, make a slurry by combining the cornstarch& 2 tablespoons of chicken stock.
- Stir until dissolved.
- Slowly pour the cornstarch slurry into the stock& stir until thickened.
- Reduce heat to a simmer.
- Pour in the eggs slowly while continuously stirring the soup in the same direction with either a fork or a single chopstick.
- The egg will spread& feather.
- Turn off the heat& add the scallions.
- Lightly season to taste with salt& white pepper& serve immediately.
- I like to garnish the soup with wide, crisp Chinese noodles.