I used China Moon Double Chicken Stock (posted by Mean Chef here at Zaar) for this today. It is most luxurious! : )
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat the chicken stock in a saucepan over medium-low heat.
- 2Measure cornstarch into a small bowl (a bowl or other container that will hold a cup and a half of liquid that you can stir without spilling) Put your small whisk in the bowl with the cornstarch.
- 3In another bowl, beat the egg very well with a fork.
- 4Back to the stock, increase heat if needed.
- 5You want the stock to very hot, but not boiling.
- 6When it gets very hot, lower the heat and ladel out about a cup of the stock into the cornstarch.
- 7Whisk well, then add back to the stock in the pan.
- 8Cook, stirring, until slightly thickened.
- 9Add salt and pepper to taste.
- 10Slowly pour in the well beaten egg.
- 11Remove from heat.
- 12Ladle into four bowls and sprinkle each with green onion.
Browse Our Top Clear Soup Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Egg Drop Soup
Serving Size: 1 (227 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 102.5
- Calories from Fat 33
- Total Fat 3.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 59.1 mg
- Sodium 318.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 3.4 g
- Protein 6.9 g