Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 mins
I used China Moon Double Chicken Stock (posted by Mean Chef here at Zaar) for this today. It is most luxurious! : )
- Heat the chicken stock in a saucepan over medium-low heat.
- Measure cornstarch into a small bowl (a bowl or other container that will hold a cup and a half of liquid that you can stir without spilling) Put your small whisk in the bowl with the cornstarch.
- In another bowl, beat the egg very well with a fork.
- Back to the stock, increase heat if needed.
- You want the stock to very hot, but not boiling.
- When it gets very hot, lower the heat and ladel out about a cup of the stock into the cornstarch.
- Whisk well, then add back to the stock in the pan.
- Cook, stirring, until slightly thickened.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Slowly pour in the well beaten egg.
- Remove from heat.
- Ladle into four bowls and sprinkle each with green onion.
This is FABULOUS soup! I can definitely say that one must use good stock! The soup was very smooth, and the white pepper adds a wonderful touch. I raelly loved this soup and will be making it again! :) Thanks for the recipe, Ginny!!!
Very easy and tasty way to enjoy this dish at home. I will make this again. Thanks GinnyP
My husband loves this soup and he said this version is very good. He really appreciates it when I make it. So thanks for posting it!