Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
I rarely eat Chinese, but I love egg drop soup. So instead of frequent take out orders, I just make my own at home!
- 3 cups fat free chicken broth
- 3⁄4 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3 -5 tablespoons egg whites, slightly beaten
- fresh coarse ground black pepper
- fresh parsley, chopped
- In saucepan, bring broth to boil. Add salt.
- Stir cornstarch into water & mix well. Add to broth.
- Stir a little broth into egg whites.
- Gradually add egg mixture to rest of broth, stirring constantly.
- Cook until broth is clear & thickened.
- Ladle into bowls & sprinkle with fresh ground pepper & fresh parsley.
This was OK. I don't think it had a ton of flavor so I don't think I'll make it again.