Recipe by Darlene Summers
I first learned to like this soup at a Chinese restaurant called Nong Chin's in Marion Illinois. I had to try my hand at copying it, as I love it--this is the result. AND these people DO NOT give out their recipes.
Top Review by -Tulip-
Very simple & tasty, my kind of recipe! I used two eggs instead of one, added 1 tablespoon of soy sauce and halved the salt, due to the addition of the soy sauce. I had all the ingredients on hand and will definitely be making this again and again. I also used fat-free chicken broth, which I guess makes it ok that I ate more than half of it in one sitting! lol I'm a soup lover and this is now one of my new favorites! Thanks for posting!
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 egg (slightly beaten)
- 1 scallion, with tops, finely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring chicken broth to a boil in soup pot.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon salt & mix.
- Combine water and cornstarch; stir into boiling broth.
- Stir a small amount of hot broth into slightly beaten egg. Add egg mixture into hot broth slowly, stirring all the time. Cook until clear and slightly thickened, stirring constantly.
- Garnish with scallion.