Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Fastest and easiest recipe that my dad taught me!
Make and share this Egg Drop Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 1 quart water
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons Knorr chicken bouillon (does not have to be cubed)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄2 tablespoon salt
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons yellow food coloring
- 1 -4 egg
- 1 dash pepper (black or white and depending on how many eggs)
- While boiling water on medium high heat in a pot, stir in the chicken bouillon, sugar, salt and food coloring.
- Add just enough water to the corn starch to mix. Add in this mixture to the pot just enough so that the consistency is of soup.
- For every egg that you add in, add a dash of pepper.
- Scramble eggs in a bowl. Slowly pour the eggs in multiple circles following close to the pot's edge. Stir gently so the eggs don't stick to the bottom and to ensure cooking of the eggs. Let it cook for about 2-3 more minutes then serve and enjoy!