Recipe by Halcyon Eve
From Simple & Delicious--which describes this soup well. It's very easy to make, and tastes wonderful. My 2-year old ate seconds and wanted more. Prep time includes cook time as it's just a couple minutes. I served it with Fried Rice and Sweet & Sour Popcorn Chicken, plus some chicken & veggie egg rolls.
Top Review by jrusk
Just as good as the restaurant! I added some finely shredded chicken to my bowl to make a complete and filling lunch. I will make this again and serve it with an Asian themed dinner. Thanks!
- 3 cups reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced diagonally (including some green)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan, bring broth to boil over medium heat. Combine cornstarch and cold water; gradually stir into broth. Bring back to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Reduce heat. Drizzle beaten egg into hot broth, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and stir in green onion. Serve immediately.