- 1 large hard-boiled egg, mashed well
- 1 large hard-boiled egg yolk, mashed well
- 1 tablespoon dijon-style mustard
- 2 tablespoons tarragon vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped drained gherkins
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh tarragon
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl combine the whole egg and yolk, mustard, and the vinegar.
- Mix to combine.
- Add the oil in a stream, whisking while adding until the dressing is combined.
- Add the gherkins, tarragon, and salt and pepper to taste and mix well.
- The dressing can be kept covered and chilled, for several days.
- Serve the dressing with cold meat, poultry, or vegetables.