Prep 15 mins
Cook 29 mins
Simple, Vegetarian, and Tasty!
- 8 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and quartered
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- 3 teaspoons coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 3 teaspoons cumin powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons tomato paste
- 1 (14 ounce) can chopped tomatoes, drained
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 teaspoons garam masala
- cooked rice
- lime wedge
- plain yogurt
- In a small bowl or coffee cup, mix the coriander, turmeric, chili powder, cumin and salt.
- In a large frying pan, saute the onion, garlic and ginger in the oil until the onion softens.
- Add the spice mix to the onion mix, coating all the vegetables.
- Stir in the tomato paste, tomatoes and water.
- Allow to gently simmer 10-15 minutes uncovered, till the sauce begins to thicken.
- Gently stir in the eggs and the garam masala.
- Allow the eggs to heat through, and serve with rice, a few scallions, a dollop of yogurt, and a squeeze of lime, immediately.