Recipe by Charishma_Ramchandani
This recipe is from the 'Thursday' magazine. It was submitted by Rekha J.S. I'm posting it here in response to a request. I haven't personally tried it, so, I dont know how it tastes, but this is what the person who submitted this recipe has to say about it: " Egg curry, prepared in this novel way, will certainly elevate your culinary skills. So give it a try and be the kitchen queen!"
- 6 eggs
- 1⁄2 small coconut
- 1 tablespoon poppy seed
- 10 cashews
- 2 tablespoons ginger-garlic paste
- 1 medium tomatoes
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons red chili powder
- 3 teaspoons coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon fennel seed (saunf)
- 1 large onion
- 3 -5 coriander leaves, chopped (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Grind coconut, poppy seeds, fennel seeds and cashewnuts to a fine paste and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a skillet.
- Add the chopped onion and saute.
- Once it is golden brown, add the ginger-garlic paste, the peeled and chopped tomato, red chilli powder, corriander powder and the ground paste.
- Add 1 big cup of water.
- Cook on low flame for 5 minutes.
- Break eggs into it.
- Allow to cook on low flame for 5 minutes.
- Turn each egg carefully and allow it to cook for another 5 minutes on low flame.
- Garnish with corriander leaves and serve hot with hot rotis.