Recipe by Brian Holley
This is a side dish, cheap to make. Serve this dish with a meat or vegetable curry, plain boiled rice and you have a complete meal.
- 6 hard-boiled eggs, and shelled
- 4 tablespoons shredded coconut, dessicated will do
- 4 red chilies, seeded and chopped
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1⁄4 inch gingerroot
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Grind together the coconut with the spices and lemon juice to make a paste.
- In a pan heat the oil and fry the onion till golden. Add the ground spice mix and the chopped tomato. Fry for two minutes.
- Add the water and bring to the boil, lower the heat and simmer on low for 5 minutes.
- Halve the eggs, and lay them in the sauce splash a little of the sauce over the eggs. Remove from the heat and serve.