Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is an easy, delicious way to start the day. Also easy to make a dozen in advance and freeze, and re-heat a couple each morning.
- 11 eggs
- 24 ham (thin sliced)
- 1 cup shredded cheese (mexican blend is great)
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350°F Lightly oil a muffin tin with the olive oil.
- Line each cup in the muffin tin with two slices of ham, pressing to the sides.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the eggs and mix with the salt, garlic powder, pepper and onion powder.
- Sprinkle a little cheese in the bottom of each cup, then pour in a little egg. DO NOT FILL THE CUP YET.
- Add a spoonfull of salsa to the egg cup (more if preferred), and layer more cheese and egg until each cup is full. Top with a little more cheese.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes, or until egg is firm.
I made these for quick breakfasts this week. I cut all the seasoning in half because it seemed like it would be too much. My son and I enjoyed these. Made for Fall PAC 2012