Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Who doesn’t want cupcakes for breakfast? Really, if you had the option and you knew you wouldn’t end up on a sugar rushed carb crashed stomach turned bathroom fest, wouldn’t you go for it? I suggest making these on the weekend so you have breakfast ready for at least the first few mornings of your busy week. The ingredients are versatile so get creative but here’s one of my favorite combos.These are great to take on the go and I like mine with some sliced avocado and green salsa.
- 10 -12 eggs, whisked well
- 1 green onion
- 2 zucchini
- 2 cups spinach
- 1⁄2 a jar roasted red and yellow peppers
- 6 -8 slices cooked bacon
- sea salt and black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 and grease with olive oil two muffin pans.
- Whisk all your eggs in a big bowl.
- In a food processor throw in the green onion, zucchini, bacon, and peppers and process until finely chopped but NOT smooth (yuck…).
- Add this mixture to your eggs.
- Throw your spinach into the processor and finely chop and also add to your eggs.
- Mix the egg mixture well and using a 1/4 measuring cup, fill the muffin pans (you’ll be able to make 18-20 cupcakes).
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the eggs are set in the middle.