Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Delicious Manicotti dish with non-traditional noodles. Great for low-carbers, but non-dieters love it too! I like food with lots of garlic, so feel free to reduce it down.
- 6 eggs
- 16 ounces part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 small yellow onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1 (12 ounce) jar marinara sauce
- mozzarella cheese
- Break the eggs into a medium sized bowl and whisk together. Add 3 TB of the ricotta to this mixture, whisking until smooth.
- Coat a frying pan with nonstick spray and ladle a small amount of the egg mixture into the pan. Swirl the mixture around until it coats the entire pan in a thin layer.
- Wait until edges begin to dry, flip! Another 30 seconds on that side and remove the crepe to a plate. Repeat until egg mixture is gone.
- Next, heat the olive oil in the pan, then caramelize the onions and garlic together. Add this, along with the herbs to the remaining ricotta cheese.
- Spoon the cheese into the center of a crepe, then roll the crepe around it. Place the crepe in a glass baking dish. Repeat with remaining crepes and cheese.
- Pour sauce over crepes, top with desired amount of mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes. Cheese should be melted and manicotti should be hot throughout.