Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Another one of those recipes that will do for breakfast, brunch, or even dinner on those cold nights.
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese, divided
- 2 tablespoons chopped onions
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- 1 1⁄2 cups diced tomatoes, may be fresh or canned
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 6 hardboiled egg, chopped
- 2 cups buttered bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Make white sauce by melting 2 tablespoons butter, add flour and let bubble up.
- Pour milk in stirring constantly until mix thickens.
- Add salt and pepper and 1 cup cheese and let melt.
- Put the other 2 Tablespoons butter in skillet and saute onions and garlic.
- Add tomatoes and chili poser and bring to a boil.
- Stir in chopped boiled eggs.
- Alternately layers of salt and tomato mixture in casserole dish.
- Top with 1 cup cheese and bread crumbs.
- Bake until bread crumbs brown and casserole is bubble, approximately 30 minutes, but this may vary depending on ovens.