Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
your company will think you got up early just for them..Surprise. not a chance.
- enough bread, to fit bottom of a 9 x 13 inch pan cut off crusts
- 1⁄2 lb swiss cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 lb cheddar cheese, grated
- 9 beaten eggs
- 3 cups milk
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 slice cubed ham
- garnish with bacon bits (optional)
- Grease a 9 x 13 inch pan and line with bread to fit bottom.
- Spread bread with mustard.
- Sprinkle swiss cheese and cheddar cheese over bread.
- Beat eggs, milk and salt; add ham and stir all together and pour over bread and cheese.
- Refrigerate overnight, garnish with bacon bits, if desired.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
I was looking for something a little lighter, so I altered the recipe, putting in about 10 oz. of cheddar cheese total and omitted the mustard and swiss cheese, ham and bacon. It was delicious! Thanks!
I didn't soak overnight, actually only soaked an hour. Used wheat bread and Colby and Jack Cheese. Family like because it was different from the Scrambled Eggs Brunch.