Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
- 1 lb bacon
- 10 eggs, beaten
- 1 (16 ounce) container cottage cheese
- 1 lb monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1 (7 ounce) candiced green chili peppers, drained
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain, crumble and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine eggs, cottage cheese, Monterey Jack cheese, chile peppers and bacon. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- The next morning, preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Remove cheese mixture from refrigerator; stir in flour, butter, baking powder and salt. Spoon batter into 24 lightly greased muffin cups.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes, until puffs are slightly golden on top.