Recipe by kris in ks
We make this breakfast casserole whenever we have company for the weekend or for holidays. It is wonderful because you make it the night before and just bake in the morning.
- 4 slices bread, cut into quarters
- 9 eggs, beaten
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 lb ground sausage, browned and drained
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Line bottom of 13x9 baking dish with bread pieces.
- In a large mixing bowl combine all other ingredients.
- Pour over bread and refrigerate 4-5 hours or overnight.
- Bake at 350º for 50-60 minutes or until golden brown.
- You can also top with more shredded cheese in the last few minutes of baking.