Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
We make this breakfast casserole whenever we have company for the weekend or for holidays. It is wonderful because you make it the night before and just bake in the morning.
- 4 slices bread, cut into quarters
- 9 eggs, beaten
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 lb ground sausage, browned and drained
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Line bottom of 13x9 baking dish with bread pieces.
- In a large mixing bowl combine all other ingredients.
- Pour over bread and refrigerate 4-5 hours or overnight.
- Bake at 350º for 50-60 minutes or until golden brown.
- You can also top with more shredded cheese in the last few minutes of baking.