Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is just an easy tasty casserole for breakfast or even sometimes for a light dinner. I season it with mediterranean sea salt - it is a mix of salt, garlic, basil and oregano
- 3 eggs
- 3 tablespoons skim milk
- 1 -2 slice sourdough bread, cut into cubes
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup monterey jack cheese
- 1⁄2 cup chopped ham
- 2 dashes mediterranean sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 2 cup baker with cooking spray.
- Mix eggs and milk together. Add ham, cheese and green onion. Place bread cubes in mixture and let set for a few minutes.
- Place in baker and bake for 25-30 minutes.
I did a modification of this (because I was out of almost all of the ingredients): multi grain bread, yellow onion, alfredo sauce and pepperoni. It turned out really well. I added a little goat cheese too. Thanks for the recipe I'll have to try the original way! :)
I can't thank you enough for this recipe Ceezie!! My husband loved it! It was so easy to put together as well. I used 4oz homemade lean ground turkey sausage, low fat Mexican cheese & 1 slice of whole wheat bread. I also used Eggbeaters--mixed it with some salt, pepper & onion powder (left out the onions; hubby preference!). 25 min was perfect baking time. Appreciate the helpful reviews as well!! Thanks again!
Made this for the DM and myself as part of a light lunch served with a salad and was very much enjoyed. I used garlic flavoured croutons for the sour dough and a sharp vintage cheddar for the cheese and baked at 175C fan forced oven for 30 minutes. Thank you Ceezie, made for Every Day a Holiday.