Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
A few years back,I was in a mom's club and one of the mom's made this. It was egg-cellent!
- 6 slices white bread, crust removed
- 1 lb ground sausage
- 4 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 2 cups half-and-half
- Preheat oven to 350~F.
- Lightly butter each slice of bread and place in a 9X13 buttered glass baking dish.
- Brown sausage and drain, patting with paper towels.
- Sprinkle sausage over bread, then cheese on top of sausage.
- Beat eggs, adding in the salt, dry mustard and half and half.
- Pour egg mixture over cheese layer.
- *Note: At this point, you can cover it with foil and put it in the fridge to cook later, also freezes nicely - but thaw it before cooking.
- Bake for 45 minutes uncovered until casserole is bubbly and lightly browned on top.
- Let stand for 30 minutes before serving.