Prep 24 hrs
Cook 55 mins
Recipe by the Honourable Sam Johnson, U.S. Representative, Texas
- 36 eggs
- 4 fluid ounces whole milk
- 1⁄4 lb unsalted butter
- 2 cans mushroom soup
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 lb velveeta processed cheese
- 4 fluid ounces sherry wine
- Mix eggs and milk.
- Scramble in 2 or 3 tablespoons of unsalted butter until soft.
- Make certain they are barely cooked--soft.
- Heat butter, mushroom soup, sour cream, and cheese.
- Add sherry.
- In a casserole dish, layer: (from top to bottom): little sauce, eggs, sauce, eggs, sauce.
- Cover and refrigerate for one day.
- Cook for 45 minutes at 350°F.
- Cover for first half of cooking time.
- ***Additional instructions: Do not use low-fat items-- they will not cook.
- If the dish is not set at the end of the cooking time, zap it in the microwave for 5 minutes.