Recipe by cruzzo
Quick, easy, and cheap for a week night meal. You usually have all the ingredients right in your fridge already. These are sort of like mini, savory omelettes. Yummy!
Top Review by Clifford Boren
Very good breakfast fare. I didn't have breadcrumbs and the store wasn't open yet, so I used rolled oats. Also, egg substitute. Worked out fine. Next time I am going to add some corn.
- 6 large eggs
- 1 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 3 cloves garlic
- salt and pepper
- olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat eggs in medium sized bowl until "frothy".
- Add remaining ingredients and stir well.
- Heat olive oil in frying pan (I go twice around the pan with the oil).
- Drop batter by spoonful into oil and fry on both sides about 3 minutes, until golden.
- Once you turn the egg cakes over, they will start to puff up a little.
- Serve with pasta and tomato sauce.