Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Quick, easy, and cheap for a week night meal. You usually have all the ingredients right in your fridge already. These are sort of like mini, savory omelettes. Yummy!
- 6 large eggs
- 1 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 3 cloves garlic
- salt and pepper
- olive oil
- Beat eggs in medium sized bowl until "frothy".
- Add remaining ingredients and stir well.
- Heat olive oil in frying pan (I go twice around the pan with the oil).
- Drop batter by spoonful into oil and fry on both sides about 3 minutes, until golden.
- Once you turn the egg cakes over, they will start to puff up a little.
- Serve with pasta and tomato sauce.
Very good breakfast fare. I didn't have breadcrumbs and the store wasn't open yet, so I used rolled oats. Also, egg substitute. Worked out fine. Next time I am going to add some corn.
These egg cakes were terrific! I served them with vegitables and bread for a light dinner. It was wonderfully easy for a light summer meal. Not a lot of "kitchen time". That is a great plus when the kithen is a hot.
Cruzzo,What a good brakfast these made,and yes they were like little omlettes,and they were so easy to make it only took a few minutes and we were sitting down eating them,We had them with bacon and toast and jelly,and it made a very nice breakfast.Thank You,Darlene