Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a tasty syrup for biscuits, pancakes or waffles. It also goes well on Angel Food Cake. You can keep it in the refrigerator for a few days if needed.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 large egg, well beaten (a must)
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 3 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon mexican vanilla
- Melt butter in a medium sized sauce pan and cool.
- Stir in the egg, sugar, corn syrup & water.
- Bring the mixture to a boil and cook for
- 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla.
- Cover and set aside to cool while preparing pancakes or waffles or biscuits.
Yummy syrup! The vanilla gives it just the right color too.