Recipe by Wineaux
This recipe serves a crowd. It's easy and more importantly, it's different as well as delicious! Great for those holiday brunches. Not low-fat, not low-cal but hey, when you're having a fun get-together, it really hits the spot. Great served with mimosas!
- 4 slices bacon, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1⁄2 lb chipped beef, shredded
- 4 teaspoons butter
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 quart milk
- 16 eggs
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1⁄4 cup butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute bacon in large skillet. Remove from heat and add chipped beef, butter and most of the mushrooms. Stir to melt the butter.
- Sprinkle flour and pepper over mixture. Return to heatand gradually stir in milk. Cook until thick and smooth, stirring constantly.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs, salt and milk.
- Melt butter in electric frying pan and gently scramble eggs.
- In an 11 x 13 inch pan, place 1/2 egg mixture and top with half sauce. Repeat the layers again.
- Sprinkle remaining mushrooms on top.
- Cover with foil.
- Bake one hour.